Happy New Year everyone!
I’ve been a bit quiet of late. Probably to be expected, what with getting my head around all the new stuff here at Snowflake. Also, properly relaxing over Christmas and summer requires a degree of focus (ah, the joy of the southern hemisphere!). But I’ve not been completely idle. Over the past few weeks I’ve been steadily working on a new whitepaper:
Here’s an overview of the document scope…
- What is Tableau?
- What is Snowflake?
- What you DON’T have to worry about with Snowflake
- Creating Efficient Tableau Workbooks
- Connecting to Snowflake
- Working with Semi-Structured Data
- Working with Snowflake Time Travel
- Working with Snowflake Data Sharing
- Implementing Role-Based Security
- Using Custom Aggregations
- Scaling Snowflake Warehouses
- Other Performance Considerations
- Measuring Performance
Of course, it’s turning out to be a lengthy read – it seems I know no other way. 🙂 But believe me, a lot of that is screenshots and SQL. The document is being reviewed at the moment, but I plan to break it into consumable chunks and release material as posts over the next couple of weeks. Maybe here, maybe on the Snowflake or Tableau blogs.
So, keep your eyes peeled…